Junior Graphic Designer
Full-Time, On-Site, Entry-Level Position, Arvada, Colorado.
Armada Medical Marketing is looking for a junior designer with fresh ideas and the ability to hit the ground running with creative, well organized, confident design. As a key member of our agency, the junior designer will report to the Art Director but may receive projects and creative direction from the Creative Director or Account Managers as well. The ideal candidate has a collaborative approach but is able to work quickly and effectively on their own, with a passion for growth and development, a keen eye for details, critical-thinking and quick problem-solving skills, and the ability to respond to evolving company goals, while keeping a level head and sense of humor.
Junior Designer Responsibilities/Requirements:
- The ability to read and follow project direction and execute design to the client/account managers description. The rational head to ask questions about the project direction or offer ideas that go beyond the original project description, if a different solution seems an effective option.
- Design content and run quality control checks on projects ensuring that assets are compatible with brand standards related to visual style/branding guidelines and that web edits are working properly before submitting.
- Receive direction and create proposed design/advertising solutions while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Conduct creative research that will support chosen strategies when appropriate.
- Provide strong print production support. Contact printers for quotes and file requirements. Prepare final files for production (with approval from Art Director).
- Has a strong desire learn new technologies, keeping with the current design and web trends, while adapting or changing status-quo when the industry demands it.
- Ability to work under the creative direction and respond positively to feedback and critique.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience in an agency or in-house creative position (can include internships). Experience working with other creative people and teams a must.
- Has a strong understanding of WordPress, basic HTML, and CSS. Has the ability to modify/add WordPress content, install plugins, and code HTML emails.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) with the ability to work seamlessly between the programs and save files for production or client use.
- Experience with web/digital, print, advertising and event marketing tactics
- Impressive portfolio with creative examples required. Please include online portfolio, website or PDF samples with resume.
- A sample project to prove design capability and WordPress knowledge will be required.
Additional Skills (not required):
- Experience in video production is a plus
- Experience in back end app or web development is a plus.
- Experience in animation is a plus.
About Armada Medical Marketing:
Armada Medical Marketing is a close knit team of creative individuals with an expertise in healthcare marketing. Our clients include radiology and imaging centers, medical testing and devices, traditional and integrative physician practices, dental and cosmetic surgeries. We have an emphasis on patient and physician education and marketing the best and latest medical solutions to our clients target demographic. We are extremely professional and detailed with our clients to ensure HIPPA and legal compliance. Our Arvada office is a casual, flexible, and friendly work environment.
Email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio link/PDF to: